Now on its third wave of emergency response and relief operations for Super Typhoon Odette survivors in CARAGA Region, AMPING CARAGA brings Caravan of Hope to Surigao del Norte on January 12, 2022.
At the break of dawn on Monday, January 11, the AMPING CARAGA Team of PHILDHRRA-Mindanao, Kasilak, AADC, and MINCODE Secretariat converged at NCCC Buhangin in Davao City to oversee the loading of relief goods. Two wing vans were arranged to transport the relief goods from Davao City – one bound for Jabonga, Agusan del Norte and the other one is bound for Surigao del Norte. We intended to have simultaneous distribution of relief goods in the two provinces.
PHILDHRRA-Mindanao led the distribution of relief goods in five municipalities in Surigao del Norte. A total of 1,895 families received the relief goods.
- Municipality of Guigaquit: 350 families
- Municipality of Sison: 300 families
- Municipality of Taganaan: 270 families
- Municipality of Placer: 330 families
- Municipality of Malimono: 645 families
Each family received one food pack containing the following items:
- 5 kg rice
- 1 kg sugar
- 500 ml salt
- Canned goods
- Powdered milk
- Pineapple product (fruit cocktail)
- Vitamin C
We are grateful for the following organizations which contributed to the successful distribution of relief goods in Surigao del Norte:
- Agri-Aqua Development Coalition (AADC)
- Kasilak Development Foundation, Inc. (KDFI)
- Mindanao Coalition of Development NGO Networks (MINCODE)
- Philippine Partnerships for the Development of Human Resources in Rural Areas – Mindanao (PHILDHRRA)
- Surigao Economic Development Microfinance Inc. (SEDMFI)
- Sibog Katawhan Alang sa Paglambo (SIKAP)
- Care Philippines
- German Doctors
- Peace and Equity Foundation (PEF)
- Dole Philippines
- Mahintana Foundation, Inc.
- Foundation for Sustainable Societies, Inc. (FSSI)
Daghang salamat ug Amping kanunay!
Interested to know what happened during our distribution in Jabonga? Read here.